JOB ID: 1322
Sign on Bonus offered!
The Guest Services & Activities Coordinator for PATH Villas on the Park will offer recovery orientated activities in a permanent supportive housing setting for individuals, integrating evidenced based practices effective with tenants who have experienced homelessness and have a history of chronic health, mental health, and/or co-occurring conditions. The responsibilities of the Guest Services & Activities Coordinator will include: developing and leading residential activities and workshops, developing relationships with community partners and volunteers and coordinating activities, scheduling community outings for residents, greeting clients as they enter the facility, assisting with signing clients up for orientations and workshops, and educating clients and other PATH programs on current rules and referral processes, all with the highest caliber of professionalism and customer service.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Develop and lead workshops and activities designed to assist clients in maintaining stable housing and integrating into the PATH Villas on the Park community in the areas of, but no limited to: independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, employment, benefits establishment, linkages to community providers for problematic substance use, primary and mental health care, and all other services needed to assist clients in reaching their treatment plan goals
- Perform initial needs and interest surveys to ensure activities are tailored to the specific needs of the residential community
- Create a monthly calendar of activities including programming at least 2x/week including at least 1 community integration outing, 1 guest speaker, and 1 skill building class (health living, recovery, social enterprise, etc).
- Schedule residential outings coordinating with community partners and volunteers
- Answer incoming telephone calls, assist callers, take messages, provide information, and make community referrals and direct calls to staff members.
- Greet visitors at the reception desk and provide direction to PATH Villas on the Park services.
- Provide accurate information regarding referral procedures, orientations, workshops and overall PATH Villas on the Park services activities to clients and other PATH Programs.
- Provide oversight of use of residential community spaces.
- Maintain inventory of PATH Villas on the Park donations, supplies and all other resources.
- Maintain a professional and personable demeanor while working with clients in a non- judgmental way.
- Mediate and advocate on behalf of the tenant to help residents keep housing, health care benefits, entitlements, transportation, etc. Assist with client de-escalation and conflict resolution in crisis situations, determining if and when it is appropriate to call case managers, EPS, security, or 911.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support when needed.
- Maintain workshop and activity attendance records and documentation standards as set forth by the program contract and PATH policies.
- Attend team meetings and collaborate with the clinical services team to ensure the highest level of client care is provided to residents
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field and two to three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient on Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to provide PATH a flexible work schedule including some evenings and/or weekends as needed
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain regular and timely attendance
- Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Reliable transportation.
- Updated tuberculosis test.
- Successful completion of background screening.
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1322
to submit your application. A resume is required.