JOB ID: 1364
Wage: $16.83/hr- $19.24/hr (DOE)
Under the direction of the assigned supervisor, the HR Assistant will provide support for a variety of human resources, benefits, payroll and administrative functions. Employees in this classification will be assigned tasks of limited difficulty and will deal with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels. Close supervision is received from a professional supervisor for accuracy of content and conformance with departmental and organization policies and procedures.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Reviews, prepares and assures the maintenance of employee personnel records and files, and complies with records retention strategies and guidelines. Supports the employee orientation function.
- Responsible for HRIS data entry.
- Assists with staffing as requested by Staffing Coordinator/Staffing Manager.
- Assists with benefits administration as requested by Benefits Coordinator.
- Assists with payroll administration as requested by Payroll Manager.
- Assists Administration Manager as needed.
- Organize training workshops for PATH employees.
- Tracks and schedules Supervisor Sexual Harassment training.
- Compiles information for and prepares routine correspondence.
- Coordinates meetings including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas and other meeting materials, reserving and preparing facilities
- Assists in troubleshooting employees HRIS issues.
- Exercises initiative to positively and effectively address customers’ needs in a timely and courteous manner.
- Maintains HR Department supply inventory and orders supplies as needed.
- Maintains PATH/PV DMV Pull.
- Responsible for keeping employee TB tests up-to-date.
- Responsible for PATH/PV Seniority Program
- Provides general clerical support for the department such as filing, copying, scanning, faxing and mailing.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent and 2-4 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience beyond a high school diploma.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Some knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of human resources.
- Ability to effectively handle several assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to express oneself effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in analyzing facts and arriving at conclusions.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain complex records in an organized manner and prepare reports from such records.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, the public, and representatives of other agencies, often under complex and stressful situations.
- Some knowledge of benefits and/or payroll administration.
- Some knowledge of statistical and other research methods and procedures.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1364
to submit your application. A resume is required.