JOB ID: 1353
Salary: $62,000 - $76,339 (DOE)
This position aims to serve PATH clients, partners and staff by maintaining, operating, and repairing the physical aspects (facilities, utility systems, grounds, and other infrastructure) of our occupied buildings or offices in a responsive, proactive, cost efficient and service-oriented manner that complements and enhances the overall mission of PATH. is helping owners by streamlining necessary property management tasks and slashing costs. The Property Manager will have the full responsibility of managing daily operations at assigned properties.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Ensure that PATH facilities are properly maintained in a responsive, cost-effective manner to facilitate the service objectives of the organization.
- Provide training and perform maintenance activities necessary to ensure both the safety of departmental employees and the residential community.
- As funding permits, perform major/deferred maintenance tasks required to maintain the long-term functionality of the facilities and its infrastructure.
- Improve communication with on-site employees and residents through expanded e-mail coverage and the creation of service request protocols.
- Manage vehicle (fleet) as assigned to building/programs.
- Provide regular training for HVAC utilization for site staff on key issues/equipment using a combination of vendors, utility programs and media such as videos, tutorial manuals, software, and in-house staff expertise.
- Develop an on-line preventive maintenance program that automatically schedules work to be completed and records an equipment repair/maintenance history.
- Maintain building grounds in a manner that promotes the identity of PATH as a preeminent service provider.
- Manage landscape operations to provide efficient, quality services to the buildings.
- Manage the PATH’s Refuse Disposal & Recycling operations to support the organization’s mission.
- Manage the commissioning of new building acquisition from the planning and design phase, through construction, remodeling and eventual move-in, ensuring that building systems meet service requirements of the user departments and PATH philosophy as a whole.
- Establish written guidelines for use, by establishing specifications for building systems to be considered when searching for new buildings. As examples, these include specifications for:
- HVAC systems
- Hot water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Trash enclosures
- Networking Protocols
- Provide accounting, budgeting, human resources, payroll, and information technology services required to facilitate the department’s mission.
Administration and Supervisory Responsibilities
Provides regular supervision, evaluation, feedback and support of direct report staff.
- Oversee program staff support, accountability, evaluation, staff meetings, supervision and staff training with a focus on implementing standardizing PATH wide program compliance, policy and records management practices, Standards of Excellence and PATH values.
- Other duties or special projects may be assigned by supervisor or Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate Property Management
- 5+ years’ experience in property management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enhanced negotiation abilities
- Proficient in computer programs, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in staff development and conducting trainings.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with proven ability to develop creative solutions.
- Projects a professional demeanor and possess excellent writing and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Employment eligibility verification
- Reliable transportation
- Tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening & drug test
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include some evenings or weekends
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1353
to submit your application. A resume is required.