This internship position will provide substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, solicitation strategizing, volunteer coordination and food rescue management in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in one of San Diego’s’ most prominent nonprofits focused on providing sustainable solutions to homelessness.
- Help maintain donor relations – supporting donation acknowledgement process and donor databases;
- Help coordinate volunteer programs – fielding inquiries, scheduling activities, and confirming dates with volunteer pools of a variety of backgrounds;
- Develop new and exciting ways to improve our current volunteer programs or create new volunteer programs;
- Help coordinate food rescue program- soliciting and stewarding new partners and supporting food rescue databases;
- Assist development staff with special events and community initiatives;
- Assisting with administrative work and special projects as needed.
- Must be available at least 10 hours per week- days and times are flexible;
- Volunteer and donation coordination experience preferred, but not required;
- Event management experience preferred, but not required;
- Excellent self-management, organizational, and multitasking skills;
- Willingness to learn and assist others;
- Hard-worker and team player;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- High level of initiative, creativity, and motivation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher).