JOB ID: 1254
Wage: $21.64/hr - $26.45/hr (DOE)
The Veteran Outreach Coordinator works as a lead in the Coordinated Entry (CES) Single Adult and Homeless Family Solutions (HFSS) Systems targeting homeless and at risk Veterans and families as part of the collaborative for the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program. This position acts as the liaison for Veterans assessed through the VI-SPDAT to ensure they have access to resources provided through the SSVF program. The Veteran Outreach Coordinator also completes outreach in their respective SPA to ensure Veterans are identified and triaged to the appropriate intervention level. Once intake and eligibility is complete this position ensures Veterans have a case manager and housing specialist to provide wraparound services aimed at permanent housing stability. As the main entry point for the SSVF program in their respective SPA this position focuses on outreach and engagement for all Veterans identified through CES and HFSS.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Outreach and Supportive Services
- Completes VI-SPDAT (triage tool) on all Veterans identified to determine most appropriate level of intervention (rapid re-housing or permanent supportive housing).
- Lead and continue to collaborate and build Service Planning Area 4’s (SPA 4 ) capacity to quickly provide services to Veterans identified through CES
- Provides field based/mobile outreach services including attending all SPA level Coordinated Entry and Homeless Family Solution System meetings to act as the Veteran’s liaison to case management services through the SSVF program.
- Engage in street outreach with PATH and community partners to assist in progressive engagement of Veterans identified on the street.
- Provide strength based case management and service coordination designed to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining stable housing.
- Conduct crisis and risk assessments in consultation with Licensed Associate Director.
- Utilize evidence based practices in service delivery such as intensive case management, Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Critical Time intervention and Housing First practices.
- Collaborate with community service providers and develop new means of regular referral sources to PATH Veteran Services.
- Maintain documentation standards as set forth by the program contract and PATH policies.
- Provide support to SPA 4 CES by assisting with management of Veteran by-name-list.
- CES/V-SPDAT packets completed with Veteran by the next business day at 5pm.
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards.
- Homeless services, case management, mental health, substance abuse certification and permanent supportive housing experience preferred.
- Possesses a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals who present for services with urgent multiple case management and health needs.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and exercise mature judgement.
- Ability to provide community services on a regular basis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to coordinate multiple project/tasks simultaneously in a high pressure environment.
- Employment Eligibility Verification
- Reliable transportation.
- Updated tuberculosis test.
- Successful completion of background screening.
- CPR/First Aid training
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
How to apply Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1254
to submit your application. A resume is required