JOB ID: 1120
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the centralized payroll, and activities related to payroll preparation/processing. Additionally, position is responsible for related functions including tax reporting, benefits-records administration, payroll systems maintenance, and compliance with all statutory requirements as dictated by various government agencies. This role requires a strong sense of customer service, the ability to analyze and solve problems, extreme attention to detail, and outstanding interpersonal and communications skills.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data. Prepare and process payroll via vendor software. Responsible for final review and coordination of any necessary research and/or contact with the payroll vendor.
- Handle administration of electronic timekeeping system. Setup each employee, validate programs for each employee's changes, and adherence to FLSA; monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains confidentiality with respect to all aspects of payroll, (operationally and at the employee level).
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to policy including compliance with federal/state/local regulations.
- Track and record all employee additions, terminations, status changes or changes to other personal information as they relate to necessary payroll records including employee payroll or benefits records or other data as required.
- Initial new hire records creation, employee orientation scheduling, documentation review and recordkeeping.
- Verify vendor premium and claim billing statements, process payments, monitor plan costs and identify problem areas.
- Coordinate related audits of 401K vendor and other benefits.
- Oversee corporate and property garnishments and unemployment.
- Spear head Year End Payroll and Benefit Functions.
- 5-7 years experience working in a Human Resources department with a solid understanding of benefits administration.
- 5 years working with an Isolved system or Payroll Link preferred
- Working knowledge of payroll process coordination and required paperwork.
- Excellent attention to detail, methodical and driven to verify the finest detail.
- Experience working in a fast paced, deadline driven office.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to develop good relationships.
- Experience working with confidential information requiring discretion and tact.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in bringing solutions to problems.
- Great time management skills, ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills in Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Successful completion of Department of Justice level background screening.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1120
to submit your application. A resume is required.