JOB ID: 1237
PATH Ventures is a maturing organization with leadership dedicated to high-quality work. Its pipeline of innovative projects offers an exciting opportunity to produce critically needed housing resources and enhance the experience, capability and role of the organization.
PATH Ventures is a non-profit developer of permanent supportive housing with projects located throughout Southern California. Recognizing that homelessness is fundamentally a housing issue, PATH, one of the largest homeless services providers in Southern California, created PATH Ventures in 2007. PATH Ventures works to achieve its mission of ending homelessness by building affordable rental homes for individuals and families who have experienced homelessness and providing on-site wraparound supportive services necessary to help residents reintegrate into the community, increase independence, and achieve long-term stability. Since its formation, PATH Ventures has acquired and/or co-developed thirteen residential communities totaling 763 affordable units. On its own or in partnership with co-developers, it has 206 units under construction and over 300 units in predevelopment. PATH Ventures’ service programs are low-barrier and use a Housing First and harm reduction approach, coupled with ongoing supportive services.
With limited supervision from the Managing Director, Real Estate Development, the Senior Project Manager-Regional will spearhead, coordinate and direct a full range of real estate development activities to manage the acquisition, financing, construction, and lease-up processes of new construction and rehabilitation projects that produce permanent supportive housing, primarily outside of Los Angeles, and in partnership with co-developers.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Manage and direct all phases of a project’s development, including:
- identify and secure new development opportunities
- selecting and building the consultant team
- initial feasibility analysis (financial & physical)
- design development (concept thru construction drawings)
- community outreach / engagement strategy
- securing entitlements
- construction oversight
- service plan definition & development, in coordination with services team
- lease-up, in coordination with property management and services team
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of project financing, including:
- identification of acquisition, predevelopment, construction and permanent funding sources
- preparation of funding applications
- negotiation of loan terms, with the support and input of the Managing Director
- preparation and maintenance of project financial proforma models, including defining development, operating and supportive service budgets
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of joint venture developments, including:
- negotiation of Memorandum of Understanding and services agreement
- manage the partner roles to ensure project moves forward successfully
- Coordinate with asset management, property management and services team during predevelopment and construction to ensure smooth tenant relations.
- Manage the construction process; select and negotiate contract with contractors; monitor construction team.
- Manage transition to operations; supervise property management; monitor tenant selection and lease up process.
- Works with limited supervision in executing responsibilities, while keeping supervisor informed of significant issues and decisions.
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of the Real Estate Development team and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in operations and efficiency.
- May train and supervise real estate development staff in the development of permanent supportive housing.
- May provide public presentations of project.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Experienced and technically proficient in all aspects of affordable housing real estate development, including finance, entitlement and design, construction, lease-up and operations.
- Experience with all phases of the development process preferred, preferably with at least one project taken from concept through completion.
- Able to analyze complex data, perform sophisticated analysis, and make appropriate recommendations and decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team-building spirit
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving
- Resilient, versatile and flexible
- Commitment to the mission of providing affordable homes and supportive services to our state’s most vulnerable populations
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, with excellent analytical skills
- Proficient in sophisticated real estate finance analysis using Excel, project management software, and word processing software
- Staff training and management skills
- Good presentation skills- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Five or more years experience in housing development, business, finance, urban planning or a related field, preferably for a non-profit, government agency or private financial institution, OR
- A relevant Master’s degree with three years or more experience in housing development, business, finance, urban planning or a related field
- Demonstrated experience with public and private affordable housing funding resources and subsidy programs including low income housing tax credit program, tax-exempt bonds, and syndication proceeds; ability to creatively combine financing tools to leverage housing funds.
- Job will include some evening and weekend hours
- Employment Eligibility Verification
- Reliable transportation
- Updated tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening
- Able to obtain First Aid/CPR certification as provided by PATH
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1237
to submit your application. A resume is required.