JOB ID: 1188
The Navigator will work in an interim housing setting of up to 150 clients to provide support and oversight for clients placed in PATH’s interim housing program. Clients may have a variety of complex health, functional and social needs who are entering our system from homelessness. The Navigator will provide intake into the program, oversight of clients throughout the shift and case management focused on housing stability. The Navigator works as part of a larger interim team and collaborates with other departments internal and external to PATH as new clients are admitted. The Navigator role will assist these individuals in breaking the cycle of homelessness by establishing and pursuing a longer term housing plan, and accessing and maintaining necessary services among health care and social services through a coordinated system. The Navigator will work a variety of shifts including evenings, overnight and weekends.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Maintain triage on call line to respond to bed availability requests.
- Conduct intake, provide facility tour and collaborate with guests to develop an individualized plan that address barriers to obtaining services/housing and appropriate health care needs.
- Conduct and complete all new client intakes and enter into HMIS.
- Meet with clients prior to their departure at 9am.
- Provide information, referrals, linkages, and advocacy for identified needs as much as possible.
- Provide all client with a homelike environment while they stay with us.
- Collaboratively work with the case management and operations team to ensure that the facility is clean and safe for all.
- Promote and follow interim housing established values, guidelines and rules.
- Provide a high quality customer service environment for all clients.
- Participate in staff meetings and training as assigned by your supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain client related data tracking systems, including case notes and complete HMIS entries.
- Prepare case-related reports including but not limited to: outcomes, successes and challenges on a weekly basis (format provided)
- Generate client data for reporting.
- Complete follow-up and retention services, as necessary, and provide back-up documentation in client file.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with Federal, State, County and PATH guidelines.
- Experience in case management with highly vulnerable populations, particularly those with health, mental health, and substance abuse issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and or experience with advanced case management techniques, including harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing.
- Able to work independently and as part the team and exercises mature and professional judgment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- A highly motivated self-starter and ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks at once.
- knowledge of maintaining and executing confidential information using HIPAA standards.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Flexible, adaptable and have the capability to work in a fast paced, professional environment.
- Able to work alternative work schedules, evening and weekends as needed for operations of Interim Housing and at the request of management.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Reliable transportation.
- Updated tuberculosis test.
- Successful completion of background screening.
- CPR/First Aid Training.
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1188
to submit your application. A resume is required