JOB ID: 1148
Wage: $21.64/hr - $26.44/hr (DOE)
The Case manager must have extensive experience working with individuals that are chronically homeless and/or homeless veterans. Knowledge of Public Housing Authority and housing subsidy is preferred (ie: Section 8, Shelter Plus Care, and VASH). The Case Manager, under the direction of the VASH Associate Director, provides client advocacy, case management, benefit establishment, linkage to mental health/substance abuse services, linkage to stable housing and all other supportive services as needed. The Case Manager works within a multi- disciplinary team and will provide individualized client support by helping each client develop a plan to address their barriers, increase their income, and maintain and sustain permanent housing. The position is expected to use evidence-based practice models such as ACT (Assertive Community Treatment), Trauma Informed Models, and Motivational Interviewing for substance abuse treatment.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Perform initial comprehensive bio psychosocial assessment; develop a plan of intervention that addresses identified need for housing, ongoing case management services, substance abuse treatment, mental health services, and coordination of needed community services
- Collaborate with client to develop individualized treatment plan that addresses short and long term goals
- Provide ongoing case management support to assess progress and ensure treatment plan outcomes are met or adjusted
- Provide field-based therapeutic supportive case management services addressing mental health, functional, and substance use barriers as needed to help clients obtain and maintain housing.
- Consult with LCSW and supervisor to conduct crisis and suicide risk assessment and provide appropriate interventions, complete critical incident reporting as required per contract and PATH policies
- Provide crisis intervention services focused on enhancing the clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage own care.
- Provides coverage to the 24/7 After Hours Response phone line
- Provide intentional case management supports that move the client from a high intensive level of service to a more independent, recovery-focused level of service
- Collaborate with coworkers and community partners as needed in order to deliver quality and uninterrupted services to veterans
- Attend and participate in all meetings and assigned trainings
- Maintain documentation standards as set forth by the program contract, HIPAA standards, and PATH policies
- Ensures that documentation and outreach efforts allow for PATH to bill for services rendered to each Veteran assigned to case load
- Complete progress notes on every face to face/ telephone contact with client or collateral contact by the next business day at 5pm
- Homeless services, case management, mental health and permanent supportive housing experience preferred
- Flexible work schedule to include some evenings and/or weekends
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and exercise mature judgment
- Ability to provide community and in-home based services on a regular basis.
- Strong communication skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high pressure environment.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited university ( REQUIRED)
- Employment Eligibility Verification
- Reliable transportation
- Updated tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening
- Able to obtain First Aid/CPR certification as provided by PATH
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1148
to submit your application. A resume is required