JOB ID: 1216
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Human Resources, and in close collaboration with the assigned regional leadership, the Regional HR Specialist will coordinate HR activities and processes within the assigned region, cultivating a one PATH team approach that leverages HR resources and benefits from shared learning. Provides HR service and support as the front-line HR focal point for regional staff and confers with headquarters HR Department experts on appropriate response and resolutions. Lead regional HR projects in support of program strategies, consulting and collaborating with headquarters in the areas of policy and procedure development, learning and professional development, capacity-building, compensation, performance management, recruitment and staff care.
- Provide project management, HR analysis and generalist HR support for a diverse region
- Recommend and/or execute HR interventions to address critical HR issues in areas including orientation and on-boarding, training and development, employee relations, recruitment, staff care, etc.
- Instill a one PATH team approach across to ensure HR learning and best practices are shared on a consistent and regular basis through regular meetings and trainings
- Coordinate regional or HQ-led HR activities within assigned region
- Provide analysis and recommendations to headquarters HR team on HR activities and processes effectiveness within the region
- Collaboratively design learning and development strategies, programs and tactical projects to address specific needs derived from evidence-based assessments
- Foster remote management excellence through modeling of and training on established practices
- Regularly travels between assigned region and headquarters to provide in-person HR support, participate in HR Team Meetings and attend technical trainings as needed.
Key Working Relationships:
- Serve as the “front-line” HR generalist to provide technical HR advice in response to regional staff policy inquiries, requests, basic employee relations issues and exit management
- Provide HR orientation for new employees and support supervisors in creation of robust on-boarding plans
- Deliver designated training to all regional staff as applicable
- Create, manage and update regional team organization charts, reports and files
- Participate in the planning, delivery and implementation of HR initiatives including HRIS, policies and procedures, monthly and quarterly metrics, compensation and benefits and other pilots and programs across the region
- Provide day to day support to program leadership with established tools, templates, resources and information
- Position Reports directly to: Senior Director of Human Resources
- Key Internal Relationships: HQ HR Team, Regional Leadership and Regional Staff, Senior Management Team
- Proven acumen as an HR generalist including 6 - 8 years of experience in the areas of training and development, HR administration, compensation, policies and procedures, employee relations, organizational design and workforce planning
- Undergraduate study in HR, Business, or related field is preferred.
- Observance of a professional HR philosophy focused on creating solutions to tough problems and balancing necessary compliance/policy enforcement with a steadfast commitment to customer service and support
- Comfortable delivering on strategic HR initiatives, tactical assignments, HR administration and project management - moving seamlessly from one to another on a daily basis
- Must possess a highly collaborative, inclusive, consultative and resourceful work style
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a complex agency organizational structure and to adapt to shifting priorities
- Excellent project management and organizational skills including creation of detailed work plans and superior time management
- Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, HRIS
- Ability to travel 25-50%
- Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Reliable transportation.
- Updated tuberculosis test.
- Successful completion of background screening.
- CPR/First Aid training
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1216
to submit your application. A resume is required.