JOB ID: 1180
Under the supervision of the Human Resource Director, PATH is seeking an experienced Safety Specialist to help us minimize the risk of job-related accidents and manage our growing safety program. The Safety Coordinator will monitor operations to eliminate hazardous activities, arrange safety training for each site, help organize the safety committee and arrange internal & external safety inspections. The Safety Specialist will also develop policies to promote health and safety (OSHA) awareness. This position will monitor safety and health regulations and provides technical support to PATH and PATH Ventures locations to ensure compliance with Federal and State safety and health regulations.
The Safety Specialist must be well-versed in all CAL-OSHA and Workers Compensation. The Safety Specialist will be focused on accident prevention, this position will require diligent and analytical skills. The ideal candidate must possess a keen eye for detail and a sensitivity for potential dangers. Our goal is to support the creation of a safe and healthy work environment.
- Advise on provisions to minimize safety risks
- Develop and enforce OSHA policies (e.g. accident reporting process)
- Direct accident investigation procedures
- Keep records of safety-related incidents and propose corrective actions
- Organize and conduct OSHA training plans
- Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues
- Intervene in unsafe activities or operations
- Liaise with and report to official regulatory bodies on OSHA matters
- Prepares written safety and health programs and policies.
- Identifies company safety training needs, develops and coordinates safety training programs.
- Helps develop annual company safety and health goals.
- Participates in new product/process reviews, including process hazard analyses, safety training, etc.
- Supports supervisors in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment and ergonomic supplies
- Promotes safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters and specific training programs.
- Participates in company safety and health committee.
- Assists as necessary in implementation of a hazard communication program and preparation of reports.
- Monitors lost-time injuries/illnesses and worker’s compensation claims.
- Creates and maintains safety committee meeting minutes and safety inspection reports and follows up as necessary.
- Reviews injury/illness and noninjury incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
- AA in business administration, law or relevant field or 2 - 3 years safety experience.
- Proven experience as safety coordinator or similar position
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines and practices
- Experience in reporting and developing policies
- Experience in implementing OSHA training programs
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication and advisory skills
- Diligent with an analytical mindset
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1180
to submit your application. A resume is required