JOB ID: 1013
The Case Manager offers recovery oriented services in a permanent supportive housing setting, integrating evidenced based practice effective with tenants who have experienced homelessness and have a history of chronic health, mental health, and/or co-occurring conditions. Such services include conducting initial assessments, developing individual goal plans, providing intensive case management, crisis intervention, increasing access to benefits/healthcare/mental healthcare, community integration, and community development within the apartment community. The Case Manager ought to be familiar implementing evidence-based practices such as: Housing First, Harm Reduction, Motivational Interviewing, Recovery Oriented Mental Health Services, Critical Time Intervention and Trauma-Informed Care. This Case Manager will work collaboratively with a range of community service providers to coordinate and ensure tenants living in PATH Ventures Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) Developments are stabilizing in housing, improving the quality of their lives, and integrating into the community. Case management services will be delivered in the PATH Ventures Family Commons housing community, in the tenant’s homes, and in the community.
In addition to on-going case management and housing stabilization interventions provided, the case manager will be responsible for tenant application. Such activities may include conducting tenant eligibility screening, supporting tenants with collecting application documents, developing a support plan to ensure a smooth transition from the streets to permanent housing, collaborating with property management as needed and overall contributing to the development of service programming that best meet the functional needs of tenants.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Meet tenants at minimum weekly to provide strengths-based case management and service coordination services designed to assist tenants in obtaining and maintaining stable housing.
- Perform initial comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment with annual updates.
- In collaboration with the tenant, create a person-centered goal plan addressing short term and long term goals to be reviewed and completed every 90 days.
- Provides in home and mobile case management services in the areas of, but not limited to: independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, employment, benefits establishment, linkage to community providers for problematic substance use, primary and mental health care, and all other services needed to assist tenants in reaching their treatment plan goals.
- Conduct crisis and risk assessments in consultation with supervisor/ team. Provide crisis intervention services focused on enhancing the tenants’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self -coordinate own care.
- Use evidence based practices in service delivery such as intensive case management, Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Critical Time Intervention and Housing First practices.
- Provide onsite case management services in the areas of independent living skills, community integration events, employment, benefits establishment, and other services as needed to assist tenants in reaching case plan and treatment plan goals
- Mediate and advocate on behalf of the tenant to help him/her obtain and keep housing, health care benefits, entitlements, transportation, etc.
- Promote tenant health and wellness through coordination services with local healthcare providers including, but not limited to: medical health, mental health, cognitive health, substance dependency, and trauma-services.
- Maintain documentation standards as set forth by the program contract and PATH policies.
- Complete progress notes on every face to face/ telephone contact with tenant or collateral contact within 48 hours.
- Create a monthly calendar of activities including programming at least 2x/week including at least 1 community integration outing, 1 guest speaker, and 1 skill building class (healthy living, recovery, social enterprise, etc.)
- Ensure tenant files are up to date with all file paperwork including consents, ISP’s, homeless/disability verifications, and overall general documentation
- Submit all reports on/before due dates (Data Reports, DHS reports, narrative reports, etc.)
- Develop a housing retention plan with 3 concrete interventions to support housing maintenance as evidenced by written housing support plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services, social work, or related field OR 3 years of comparable years professional experience.
- Preferred work/lived experience in homeless services, case management, health services, mental health, substance use disorders, undocumented and/or permanent supportive housing.
- Flexible work schedule to include some holidays, evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Possesses a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals who present for services with urgent multiple case management and health needs.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and exercise mature judgment.
- Bilingual preference
- Ability to provide community and in-home based services on a regular basis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated self- starter with the ability to coordinate multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards.
- Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Reliable transportation.
- Updated tuberculosis test.
- Successful completion of background screening.
- CPR/First Aid training
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1013
to submit your application. A resume is required