JOB ID: 1078
Wage: $20.20/hr - $21.64/hr (DOE)
The Housing Specialist will operate as part of a larger Housing Partnership Program team, and assists with engaging, managing and retaining landlord and property management company relationships for the agency. This position will be based from multiple PATH sites, and will need to provide field based work in assigned areas.
Under the supervision of the Housing Manager, and with added support and direction from the Housing Associate Director, the Housing Specialist will provide landlord outreach and engagement services to develop a full range of permanent housing opportunities for homeless families, homeless individuals, and veterans. Housing Specialists provide targeted customer service and support to participating properties to promote long-term tenancy and partnership. This position also requires regular community engagement work to ensure ongoing collaboration with partners.
Contract Management and Documentation:
- Cultivate and maintain robust lists of available housing inventory.
- Monitor and evaluate housing processes with the landlord community to ensure efficient and well-coordinated collaboration, working with various community housing program teams.
- Provide strong customer service response support to landlords and housing program staff, as needed, for any concerns that may arise.
- Assist with coordinating and executing landlord mobilization and appreciation events in various regions.
- Certified mediators to provide conflict resolution support to help resolve tenant & landlord disputes working with case management teams, tenants, and property. This could include home-based mediation support.
- Execute various property inspections in alignment with PATH and LAHSA procedures and standards
- Network with other agencies, coalitions, and local community meetings.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Gain knowledge of the rules and regulations of the federal housing programs used by PATH.
- Prepare case-related reports including outcomes, successes and challenges.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with Federal, State, County and PATH guidelines
- Produce regular reports about housing portfolio and placement outcomes in order to inform housing acquisition strategies and program operations.
- Maintenance of Salesforce CRM as described in Housing Partnership Programs Policy and Procedures.
- Create and maintain property and landlord portfolios as a part of the Housing Partnership Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Two- four years cumulative experience working with social services, populations in crisis including the homeless population and people with disabilities, property management and/or real estate practice
- Experience with property management/real estate functions, knowledge of supportive housing, housing markets, city planning and/or public policy, or related fields highly desired
- Certified mediators consistent with the California Dispute Resolution Programs Act, highly desired
- Knowledge of Fair Housing laws
- Ability to work with a wide variety of landlords and property management companies.
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards.
- Able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure and time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrates ability to use computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office software particularly Excel. Preference for Salesforce CRM experience.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Follow the direction of the Supervisor.
- Flexible work schedule to include some evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Possesses a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals who present for services with urgent multiple case management and health needs.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and exercise mature judgment.
- Ability to provide community and in-home based services on a regular basis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated self- starter with the ability to coordinate multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
- Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Reliable transportation.
- Updated tuberculosis test.
- Successful completion of background screening.
- CPR/First Aid training
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1078
to submit your application. A resume is required