JOB ID: 975
Wage: $33.65 - $38.47 (DOE)
PATH is committed to building out internal software tools and data services that are inclusive of software and data engineering best practices and protocols, to deliver a streamlined and connected digital workplace for our employees across the State of California. The Software Developer will assist PATH with bridging and consolidating software and data pipelines between disparate systems and database tools. This will be achieved by designing, developing, and implementing paragons for data configuration and software development.
The Software Developer will be asked to collaborate across direct service departments and headquartered business units, identifying and articulating unique departmental analytics and system implementations (e.g. CRMs, Business Intelligence, etc.), the Software Developer would coordinate with department heads and their designated staff to identify optimal solutions for departmental outcomes and success.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Technology we’re working with:
- Integrate web clients with back end services using web protocols based on the REST architecture.
- Contribute to all phases in the software development lifecycle.
- Build and maintain tools for development and deployment to automate operations and processes, including but not limited to CI, containerization, and configuration management
- Improve Infrastructure built out in AWS for high availability, redundancy and security
- Design and develop new features that are highly available, scalable, and reliable.
- Generates data confirmation reports that break down management company data, highlights issues/problems with the data, and indicates overall suitability for reporting.
- Oversee the lifecycle of intranet application with a focus on satisfying organizational needs for efficient collaboration and communication.
- Communicates directly with management company regarding their data integration process
- Extend a data pipeline that transforms raw, unfiltered data into insightful, efficient, and user-friendly information for staff (i.e. case managers, program managers, etc.) to implement and utilize for departmental and clinical use.
- Design and implement web and mobile interfaces that optimize traffic, utilizing optimization methods for search engines.
- Document and design technical documentation to train staff on information and data systems, including, but not limited to, Customer Relationship Management software, Cloud technologies (OneDrive, Office 365, etc.), and Database management.
- React / Redux
- AWS / Heroku / Firebase
- NoSQL (MongoDB) / SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Jest and Mocha
- BS degree in Computer Science or related STEM field
- AWS tools and services (EC2, Cloud9, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, Route53, IAM CloudWatch, API Gateway)
- Production experience in API design and maintenance.
- Familiarity with Force.com platform or experience with other CRM systems.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to educate coworkers across departments and at all levels on data interpretation and systems
- Superior analytic and communication (written and verbal) skills with the ability to present data to interested parties with varying technical backgrounds
- Proven analytical skills; ability to review complex data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations
- Proven leadership and consensus building skills; ability to motivate groups and individuals
- Opportunity for remote work
- Travel reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
- Employment eligibility verification
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening & drug test
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #975
to submit your application. A resume is required