JOB ID: 1023
Wage: $22.60/hr- $24.04/hr (DOE)
The Volunteer Manager will be responsible for overseeing all volunteer and community partnership activities for Los Angeles under the oversight of the Director of Development. This includes: PATH Cooks, Care Kits, Welcome Home Program, Volunteer Days, holiday activities and programs, and all individual and group volunteer efforts. This individual will be responsible for supporting revenue goals, engaging new groups and corporations, implementing new strategies to engage volunteers and support PATH programs, and coordinate with external markets. This position ensures long-term sustainability and expansion of PATH’s development initiatives and community engagement activities.
This position requires the candidate to visit and work out of multiple program sites throughout California. Primary job site will be PATH Los Angeles. Occasional night and weekend work will be required.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Training – Manage recruitment, retention and assignment of PATH volunteers. Present PATH’s Mission to local corporate, faith and community organizations to obtain volunteers for ongoing volunteer events. Co-facilitate and support training of all volunteers.
- Community Partnership Lead – Support Director of Development to conduct strategic community outreach to educate stakeholders, raise funds, and create strategic partnerships. Oversee all volunteer related specials projects and events and provide oversight to the Development Associate in engaging potential volunteers and assisting with the volunteer program.
- Community Partnership Special Event Coordination – Create and manage all aspects of in-house volunteer events including outreach, marketing, budgeting, production, and acknowledgement. This will include implementing new strategies that will streamline community engagement goals while generating revenue.
- Evaluation of Volunteer Activities – Collect and manage feedback from all parties involved in volunteer activities, including volunteers, staff, and community members through written reports, testimonials, and verbal comments. Share feedback with site staff to acknowledge strengths, successes and to make improvements for future volunteer activities.
- Fundraising – Support the Development Department in promoting ongoing and annual fundraising campaigns. This includes creating and managing effective strategies and giving opportunities to increase fundraising and increase individual donor giving. Support the transition of volunteers into organizational donors
- Database Management – Manage donor database from the volunteer and community engagement perspective. This includes ensuring the database is growing statewide to reflect ongoing volunteer activities, and overseeing the acknowledgement of volunteers.
- In Kind Donations – Engage and research community donors to encourage in-kind donations. Work with the Development Associate to assist with coordinating pickups and drop offs, which include furniture, food, clothing, automobiles, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Experience in nonprofit volunteer management.
- Experience in event production preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of DonorPerfect and Better Impact or similar donor management software preferred.
- Manage multiple tasks and timelines simultaneously.
- Ability to integrate a complex organization with a highly creative and innovative environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with proven ability to develop creative solutions.
- Project a professional demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Great attitude and people skills.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Employment Eligibility Verification
- Reliable Transportation
- Current Tuberculosis Test
- Successful completion of background testing
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1023
to submit your application. A resume is required.