Job ID: 925
Wages: $19.24/hr - $21.64/hr (DOE)
Ensures that information is processed accurately and appropriately. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for Medi-Cal billing claims using the Electronic Health Record (EHR), UNICARE. Assists with overall organization of San Jose programs by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Manage and submit billing claims using the EHR.
- Assist in administrating the EHR.
- Run reports in the EHR to support data collection for the agency.
- Check Medi-Cal eligibility on clients on a monthly basis.
- Review and manage billing procedures and develop new procedures as needed to maintain compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Update Medi-Cal status in billing software as required.
- Assist with monthly auditing of billable services as needed.
- Assist with claims with billing issues and denials as needed.
- Manage clerical registration and discharge process.
- Initiate admission and discharge checklists, ensuring that all required forms, consents, legal documentation, etc. are in place, and that all related activities have occurred in a timely manner.
- Input and maintain client information in the UNICARE and Electronic Health Record.
- Answer all calls, greet visitors and provide direction.
- Assist with onboarding new staff to department.
- Assist with new hire staffing in collaboration with the Human Resources department.
- Coordinate communication and messages appropriately.
- Schedule and maintain Director’s calendar and provide follow-up correspondence.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to management and direct line staff.
- Assist with drafting written documentation and correspondence.
- Attend all meetings relevant to this position.
- Assist with office-related tasks as needed.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s level or equivalent, three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Medi-Cal billing and documentation.
- Experience with UNICARE system.
- Knowledge of maintaining and executing confidential information with HIPAA standards.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to meet established deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work with people of diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the needs of the homeless.
- Employment eligibility verification
- Tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening & drug test
- Able to obtain First Aid/CPR certification, as provided by PATH
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #925 to submit your application. A resume is required.